There is No Life Like It – Living Your Legacy Now!
One of the great things about writing a blog on investment real estate is reviewing what I believe are the three pillars of owning investment real estate; one of the components and in the end maybe be the most critical pillar is creating a living legacy.
I was one of the most fortunate children in the world and have lived a childhood that most children never get a chance to live.
My Dad decided to join the Armed Forces and as the commercial says; “There is No Life Like it” I can tell you from my own experience; this is a commercial slogan that does not oversell or underpromise.
Right from the moment, my Dad joined the forces we started to live a life of family, adventure, and travel.
For almost my entire childhood and teenage years I grew up an Army Brat; a monicker I am proud to wear to this very day.
Living Legacy of Life Experiences
Even though my Dad and Mom are no longer with us, they created a Living Legacy of Life Experiences for myself and my brother.
My mother was able to utilize her professional skills to keep her career and support my Dad in his journey in the Armed Forces.
We were fortunate through the armed forces life to live all over Canada and Europe.
The experiences I lived were bountiful; played hockey all over Europe; Amsterdam, Dusseldorf, and Berlin.
I was a scout and participated in a world jamboree in Belgium. As scouts, we bicycled through Holland and went on a trip through the Scandinavian countries of Denmark, Sweden, and Finland.
Our school trips were to London, Paris, Vienna, Berlin and many other European cities.
Automobile vacations with my parents and brother through almost all of Europe; Lichtenstein, Italy, Spain, Portugal, the list is virtually never-ending.
The experiences seemed endless.
7 Life Experience Questions to Ask Yourself?:
- Are You Aware of Yours and Those Around You Life Experiences?
- Are You Building Life Experiences for Your Family?
- Did you buy your kids another piece of electronics to distract them?
- Are your children or grandkids living their lives through the latest video game hero? Why not be their heroes?
- Does your road trip have so much video screen time your family is missing out on many of the pleasures of the drive?
- How do you find a balance between screen time and real life time?
- Is it time to pull out the old games to be aware of your surroundings while driving; Yellow Punch Buggie or Eye Spy with My Little Eye?
Now that we are almost at the beginning of Summer; can you take me up on my challenge and tribute to my Mom and Dad; create life experiences for your family; make the screen time; your road trip windshield.
Please submit your comments about your Life Experiences for Your Family, and at the end of the summer I will recap and share for all of to enjoy and think how we could incorporate into our Family Life Experiences.